DEFENCE Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asserted in Lok Sabha that terror incidents in Jammu and Kashmir have come down to almost nil. Singh also said that the Army, paramilitary forces and the Jammu and Kashmir Police have been coordinating to fight terrorism.
“Terror incidents have been taking place in Jammu and Kashmir for the last 30-35 years. But I must compliment the forces. Terror incidents have now come down to almost nil (Lag bhag na ke barabar),” he said. He was responding to an issue raised by Congress member K Suresh on the recent killings of a few people in terror incidents.
Two people were killed and seven injured in blasts in J&K’s Anantanag district on Tuesday. In separate incidents last month, five migrant labourers from West Bengal were killed and two truck drivers were killed by terrorists.
Suresh also accused Government of misleading the House that normalcy has been restored in the State. Defence Minister said that since last five-and-half years, except Kashmir there has been no major incident in country.