Troubles, Like Babies, Grow Larger By Nursing
   Date :15-Dec-2019

Troubles Like Babies_1&nb
All of us complain at one time or another. If you are wondering, you complain too much, simply ask your friends, relatives or associates about it. They will let you know! Complaining does not mean that you are searching for solutions. It does not refer to occasions when you share your life experiences and disappointments with others. Part of being human is sharing our experiences and supporting each other. That has been the true tradition of living a real life which is smooth and soothing in nature. When it comes to complaints about illness to others, perhaps their pain is worse than yours.
There is another valuable lesson we can learn and that is important which is keeping things in perspective. As Charles Dickens said once: “Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has plenty and not on misfortunes of which all men have plenty.” The dictionary defines perspectives as the capacity to view things in their true relation to relative importance. Whether a life is stagnant or flouring, the true meaning of life is always evident in nature. We can all learn from Eddie Recken Backer who drifted in a raft for 211 days hopelessly lost in the Pacific.
After surviving the ordeal he said: “If you have all the fresh water to drink and all the food you want to eat, you may never complain about anything.” It is said by wise men that 90 per cent of people don’t care about your problems and the other 10 per cent are glad that you have them. All of us can countdown on our complaining to make life more pleasant. People who don’t complain are a joy to be around. Decide to join that group so that life becomes more pleasant than now. Proverbs 27 says “A mirror reflects a man’s face but what really matters are the friends he has chosen.”
Think about your younger days when parents always worried when you were late to reach home. Our parents wanted to meet our friends and wanted to know all details about them. This happens because our parents are worried that we grow-up in good company and not bad people from whom we can pick-up their bad habits too. It is also difficult to distinguish the good and recognise their existence in everyday life. Everyone wants to become positive. They want ten out of ten points in all aspects. If we are lucky we can cultivate friends who can influence us and shape our personality. Positive people give a lift to everyone who cross their path. If a man cultivates a positive attitude he is always welcome at home and in society.
Negative people are in majority and they are the spoilers of society. Successful people believe that their education has only just begun when they leave the school or university. They learn from their failures as well as successes. They are fanatical in their belief that every experience is a learning opportunity. They also believe that to stagnate in life is to die or become extinct. People love learning because learning loves them. Research reveals that it gives people happiness, fulfillment and stamina which contributes towards their growing personality! Research has shown that your concentration decreases after about an hour’s hard work. They feel fresh to absorb things which contributes to growth in life! Make sure that your mind and body are in good shape. Breathing more oxygen improves the quality of our thinking. Obviously, it is impossible to concentrate when you are really tired.
So think about the quality and not quantity of your learning time. Education is an admirable thing but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Men cease to interest us when we find their limitations. Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Opportunity is missed because it looks like hard work. Also good thoughts are no better than good dreams if you don’t follow through! Also a belief is not an idea that the mind possesses but it is an idea that possesses the mind.
Always judge a person by the way they treat another person who can be of no use to them. Education is an admirable thing but it is well to remember that there is nothing worth knowing that can be taught. Men cease to interest us when we find that they have limitations. John Wicker said: “Wealth is not in making money, but in making the man while he is making money!” Remember, that it is not what happens to you. It is what you do about it that makes the difference. Getting your life to sing starts from within. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. Life reflects the sum total of our choices!