3 killed after Pearl Harbor sailor shoots civilians, self
   Date :06-Dec-2019

3 killed after Pearl Harb
A SAILOR shot three civilians, killing two of them, before taking his own life at Pearl Harbor just days before thousands were scheduled to gather at the storied military base to mark the 78th anniversary of the Japanese bombing that launched the US Into World War II. Rear Admiral Robert Chadwick, the Commander of Navy Region Hawaii, said the service would evaluate whether security would need to be upgraded ahead of the annual ceremony. About a dozen survivors of the 1941 bombing were expected to attend, along with dignitaries and service members. Chadwick said that he didn’t know the motive behind Wednesday’s shooting at the naval shipyard within the base.
The third victim was hospitalised. It wasn’t known if the sailor and the three male civilians had any type of relationship, or what the motive was for the shooting, Chadwick said. “We have no indication yet whether they were targeted or if it was a random shooting,” Chadwick said. The sailor was assigned to the fast attack submarine USS Columbia, which is at Joint Base for maintenance. Details about the sailor were not immediately released. It wasn’t immediately known what type of weapon was used or how many shots were fired. Chadwick said that was part of the investigation. Personal weapons are not allowed on base. Names of the victims won’t be released until next of kin have been notified.
“Our thoughts are with the families of the victims and everyone involved. I can say that we are mobilizing support services for naval shipyard personnel as well as everyone else who may be affected by this tragic event,” Chadwick said. The base went into lockdown around 2:30 pm. When the first active shooter reports were received. The base reopened a few hours later. Witnesses were still being interviewed hours after the shooting. The shipyard repairs, maintains and modernises the ships and submarines of the US Pacific Fleet, which is headquartered at Pearl Harbor. 

Air Chief Marshal Bhadaur
Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria safe, says IAF
IN THE wake of a shooting incident in Pearl Harbor shipyard, the Indian Air Force said on Thursday Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria, who is currently in the US military base there, is safe. The IAF Chief is at the US base in Hawaii to attend a conclave of chiefs of Air Forces of leading countries to deliberate on evolving security scenario in the Indo-Pacific region. “The IAF Chief and his team are safe,” said a spokesperson of the IAF.
Another official said while the IAF Chief is staying at the US air force base in Pearl Harbor, the incident of shooting took place in the naval base. The two places are not close to each other, the official said. According to reports, a US sailor shot and wounded three people at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in Hawaii on Wednesday before taking his own life.