NORTH Korean leader Kim Jong-un may break off denuclearisation talks with the US and resume missile and nuclear testing, a senior official here said on Friday.
Choe accused the US of taking a “gangster-like” stance at the February summit which was held to discuss the regime’s denuclearisation process. Trump and Kim first met in Singapore last year.
North Korea had earlier offered to dismantle its main Yongbyon nuclear complex. But talks collapsed after Trump refused to lift sanctions unless Pyongyang destroyed all its nuclear sites.
“We have no intention to yield to the US demands in any form, nor are we willing to engage in negotiations of this kind,” she told reporters in North Korea, according to Russian State ‘Tass’ news agency.
Choe said that North Korea’s demand during the summit was for five key economic sanctions to be lifted, not all sanctions, as Trump said after talks broke down.
“What is clear is that the US has thrown away a golden opportunity this time. I’m not sure why the US came out with this different description. We never asked for the removal of sanctions in their entirety.” Choe said that Kim will make an official announcement on his position regarding future talks with the US soon.