Fire at Metro Plaza, no injuries=
   Date :12-Jun-2019

Staff Reporter:
A major fire broke out in a godown of musical instruments located at the second floor in Metro Plaza at Bittan Market on Tuesday evening. The whole building houses around hundred shops that too would have been gutted in the inferno that broke out at around 5:30 pm on Tuesday. As soon as the fire broke out, on the getting information, three teams of fire brigade, including Fatehgarh, Pul Bogda and Kolar, were pressed into service and it took around an hour for the fire tenders to douse the flames.
According to Fire Officer Sajid Khan, the fire had broken out at second floor of the building that was locked from outside. The instruments inside the room were gutted in the fire but we saved other shops from coming into the grip of flames. He said the reason for the fire was not known but short circuit seems to have caused it.
He said the whole building did not have any fire safety instruments and that the other shops too would have suffered loss if the fire had broken out in night. Hemendra, a shopkeeper who informed fire brigade, said that his shop is located on the first floor of the building and that when he spotted flames and smoke billowing out of the locked room at 2nd floor, he informed fire brigade. He said that the reason of fire is not known but other shops were saved by time intervention of fire brigade.