Staff Reporter :
A major fire broke out in a house located in four-story building in the Silawatpura area near Ghoda Nakkas area of old city on Wednesday. Soon after the incident police personnel from Hanumanganj also rushed to the spot and took out domestic LPG cylinders and power supply was snapped in the area. The family members of the house had gone out for their work and there were two children inside the house, who were later rescued by the neighbours.
The area has several shops and houses around and it was not easy for the fire tenders to reach there from the narrow stretches. A bike parked outside the house had a blast due to flames and it was badly disfigured. Due to encroachment and congestion, the fire tenders had a tough time reaching there. Had the fire was not controlled on time the loss would have been higher.
The owner of the house has estimated the loss to be over Rs 30 lakh. An FIR was registered with the Hanumanganj police. The fire broke out in the house of a woman Jaimala Yadav, who runs a jewellery shop in the Chowk Bajaar area around 2 pm. It took the fire tenders around two hours to douse the flames. The house where the fire broke out is in the by lanes of the area and when the fire tenders reached there the, fire vehicles were parked outside the lane and the water pipes were extended to the area. Yadav said the house had a short circuit at around 2 pm and soon a fire broke out that engulfed the first two floors. The children were saved by neighbours who were on the third floor while our dog who also got trapped in the fire, saved himself hiding inside the bed, she said