Schools open today; most parents want their wards to attend
   Date :04-Oct-2021

Schools open today_1 
Principal Correspondent :
With schools opening on Monday after a long gap, most parents want their wards to attend the same. Some schools have received responses, some are still in the process while some would seek the consent on Monday itself. Earlier also, the Government had tried to open the school but barring a few, all parents opposed the move citing the reason of safety of their children. Dr Parineeta Fuke, Director of Hillfort Public School, said, “We received positive response from 80% parents. Some from the remaining 20 per cent are asking for holding online classes which we may not be able to do. Our major staff would be engaged to attend to the 80% students so we can’t run the classes on both platforms.” Hillfort Public School would initially hold Class X as their examinations are round the corner. The school management has asked parents to send students because of the examination.
Actually, unlike last time, this time, the Government has not asked to get parents’ consent but to avoid confusion schools themselves have asked parents to register their opinion. Saraswati Vidyalaya has conducted the procedure in a meticulous manner. Principal Jayashri Shastri has asked class teachers to distribute forms to parents or among students and get the opinion. “We received notice on Friday. So we did not have much time plus Sunday was the holiday. We will receive the responses on Monday. Accordingly, we will hold meeting with parents and take the step. But with a view not to violate the physical distancing norms we will invite students batch by batch and then get the details,” Jayashtri Shastri made it clear. As the Government has announced that the vaccination for the children would begin on October 12, some parents are awaiting to get their children vaccinated. Rupali Hingwe, Principal of TBRAN’s Mundle English Medium School, explained, “About 50% parents have said ‘Yes’ to send their wards to the school. We are awaiting some more responses by Monday and then we will decide. But the response is satisfactory and we are in a mood to start schools as we don’t want students to suffer from further learning loss.”
Centre Point School, Wardhman Nagar, is in the process of seeking parents’ opinion whether they would send their ward to school or not. Kanchan Ukey, Principal, informed ‘The Hitavada’, “On Monday, we would have the responses in our hands. Then we would hold a meeting and depending upon the parents’ opinion we would decide our next course of action.”