NEARLY 100 people fell sick due to food poisoning after eating at a marriage feast in Kendrapara district of Odisha, police said here on Sunday. Residents of Matia village had attended the marriage function on Saturday night. The villagers complained of vomiting, stomach pain and nausea in the early hours of Sunday, a district health official told reporters here.
“It is a case of food poisoning as nearly 100 people had the same symptoms,” health officials said on Sunday. At least 12 of them were undergoing treatment at the Pattamundai sub divisional hospital here. “They are out of danger and their condition is being monitored,” the district health official said.