‘Small brands ruling retail trade’
   Date :20-Apr-2022

Small brands  
Business Bureau
It’s a myth that about 3,000 big brands of corporate houses, particularly in the FMCG sector, consumer durables and cosmetics etc. are catering to the needs of the people of the Country. In fact, there are more than 30 thousands of small & medium but regional level brands are the largest contributor in meeting the demand of the people of India. According to a recent survey of the CAIT Research & Trade Development Society, (CRTDS), a research arm of the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) about 3000 corporate brands cater to the needs of almost 20 per cent of the population of India whereas more than 30 thousand small and medium brands are meeting the demand of the rest of the 80 per cent people of the country including products manufactured by small and tiny manufacturers and producers, said CAIT National President B C Bhartia and Secretary General of the CAIT.
Bhartia and Khandelwal said that among those verticals of trade in which the survey was conducted include food grain, oil, kirana items, personal cosmetics, inner wears, readymade garments, beauty and body care products, footwear, toys, educational games and health care.
If Government gives required support policies to non-corporate sector and tighten the e-commerce companies to obey the policy and the law both in letter and spirit, the retail trade is bound to blossom in pursuance of the vision of PM Narendra Modi for Make in India and Atmnirbhar Bharat, added the traders body.