Staff Reporter :
Fire broke out in a two-storey building in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, early on Saturday morning in which seven people, including two women, were burnt to death. Police informed that apart from seven deaths, nine people have been rescued so far of which five injured have been hospitalised. The fire spread after a short circuit in the main electricity supply system in the basement of building.
The incident took place around 3 am on Saturday in building located in Swarn Bagh Colony. As it was early morning, people inside the building were sleeping. The fire spread to two-wheelers and other vehicles parked there and later burning down the whole building. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced Rs 4 lakh aid to the each deceased. Police team has arrested building owner Ansar Patel and case has been registered against him for causing death by negligence.