Goods worth lakhs gutted in fire at MPEB storeroom
   Date :23-Jun-2022

MPEB storeroom  
Staff Reporter
GoodS worth lakhs, including a dozen transformers and oil, were gutted in a fire that broke out at MPEB storeroom on Wednesday morning in Chandbad area of Bhopal.
Medical Education Minister and local MLA Vishwas Sarang reached the spot on receiving the information and remained at the spot till the fire was doused. To much relief, no casualty was reported and no one was hurt in the incident.
BMC’s Fire Officer Rameshwar Neel told ‘The Hitavada’ that Fire Control Room received information regarding fire near platform number-1 in Chandbad area at around 10 am. Soon, two fire fighting vehicles each were deployed from Fatehgarh and Misrod control rooms while one each from Bogda Bridge, Kabadkhana and Govindpura control rooms.
Firefighter Naushad Ali said that it took around one-and-a-half-hours and more than a dozen firefighters to douse the fire. However, reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained. Police and officials of the Power Department are trying to find out the negligence.
Officials say that possible reason behind the fire can be a short-circuit due to rainfall. More than a dozen transformers and oil got burnt in the fire. Major accident averted:
A major accident was averted as there was a huge amount of oil in the store room, due to which fire could have spread faster. There is a densely populated area nearby, hence orders were issued to immediately douse the fire. Some old wires and junk was also kept in the storeroom. It is being told that oil was old, which is extracted from the transformer. At the same time, when this incident happened, the employees were not inside the storeroom.