Fire breaks out in residential campus near New Market
    Date :24-Jan-2023

Fire breaks 
Staff Reporter
A fire broke out in a one-bedroom flat at first floor of a residential society in TT Nagar on Monday. The short circuit lead to fire around 11:40 am gutting it completely and even causing a cylinder blast. The walls of the flat developed cracks due to the blast which led to damage in another flat located on the second floor. The families in the campus rushed out of their homes hearing the thud, which led to chaotic scenes around.
The society Triveni apartment is located inside the compound of Betwa Apartment. The flat is owned by a private teacher Nusrat Jahan and as she had gone for work, the flat was locked at the time, said firemen from Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC). Kolar fire station in-charge Pankaj Khare told that around 11:40 am, they received a call about the inferno. They reached the spot and doused flames within an hour. By the time we reached the spot, the fire had gutted entire belongings inside the locked flat. A cylinder blast had led to damage in the walls and we brought out another gas cylinder before it could have also caught fire, added Khare. He said that short circuit appears to be a reason behind the fire. The owner was informed and she reached the spot. As there was no family member inside the flat, no casualty was reported, he said.