Six arrested for murdering Vikram Bais
   Date :17-May-2024

murdering Vikram Bais 
Our Correspondent
EXHIBITING promptness, the police swiftly cracked the blind murder mystery of Congress party leader Vikram Bais by arresting six assailants within 24 hours of the incident. This co-ordinated effort involved the Narayanpur, Durg, Raipur and Bilaspur police departments of State. Following the arrest, Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar briefed the media, disclosing the identities of the accused. They were identified as Vishwajeet Nag (48), hailing from Belghadiya, West Bengal; Sandeep Yadav (24), from Durg, Chhattisgarh; Rajiv Ranjan alias Raju alias Bihari (41), from Gopalganj, Bihar; R Samuel alias Rayanuntalam (39), from Durg, Chhattisgarh; Jaspreet Singh alias Potu (20) from Narayanpur, Chhattisgarh and Vivek Adhikari alias Sidam (28), from Narayanpur. Notably, the alleged mastermind, Manish Rathore of Narayanpur, still at large. Recalling the events of May 13, Vikram Bais was killed in Bakhrupara, Narayanpur, by unidentified assailants wielding sharp-edged weapons and firearms.
Promptly responding to Pramod Nailwal’s report, an offence was registered at Narayanpur Police Station. Under the direction of Superintendent of Police Prabhat Kumar and the supervision of ASP Robinson Gudiya, specialised teams, led by SHO Inspector Dinesh Chandra, Sub Inspector Dhirendra Tiwari and ASI Rumant Dewangan, were formed to investigate. Through meticulous interrogation, CCTV footage analysis and cyber investigations, Manish Rathore’s involvement surfaced. The murder plot, orchestrated approximately a month-and-a-half prior, involved Rathore, Jaspreet Singh Siddhu, Vishwajeet Nag and Vivek Adhikari. A meeting at the Indian Coffee House in Bhilai was convened to plan the murder and procure a pistol.
The murder weapon was sourced from Siwan district, Bihar and the victim was surveilled for two days before the attack. Subsequently, Sanju Yadav and Vishwajit Nag assaulted and shot Vikram Bais when he was alone. The firearm was concealed in Rathore’s warehouse. The accused face charges under Sections 302 and 34 at Narayanpur police station. Assistance from the ACCU and cyber teams of Durg, Raipur, and Bilaspur aided in identifying and arresting the accused, thereby resolving the blind murder case. During interrogation, the accused also confessed to issuing threats to journalists in the district. Rathore wrote the threatening letters, which Nag posted. Furthermore, the gang was involved in terrorising the district by sending threatening letters and banners in the name of Naxalites, including targeting Kishore Arya, President of Transport Association.